Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Centered

(Pre-Script: This poem best felt when read as the song, "Bend and Break," #47 on the playlist, plays in the background. After that, click on "Maybe," #19. Go down to the playlist, click on those songs, then come back and resume reading. I'll wait...) (...still waiting...)

I didn't even know you existed
until you showed up on the screen,
bright and blinking like a homing beacon
in the middle of some dark nothing,
and it centered me.
To think that there was light
and goodness
and something perfectly thriving
in the center of me,
and I'm not even that great of a person,
not half as healthy in my habits as I'd like to
say I am.
But that's the mystery of the thriving thing,
of a hope haphazardly placed
in the center of
where you thought only nothingness
and destruction were low maintenance enough
to survive.
I don't know everything;
I know that now.

-XOXO,

No comments: