Monday, February 27, 2012

Morphling

(Pre-Script: This poem best read as the song, "Shadowfeet," #12 on the playlist, plays in the background. Go down to the playlist, click on that song, then come back and resume reading. I'll wait...)(...still waiting...)
I don't know how to be a person in this situation so I will
change myself into a fish
and swim beneath
through the viscous liquid form of what has dripped under my feet,
(tears and beers and blood from the breaking)
then when I am braver I will change again
into a bird and expand my wings above myself,
then look down from the blue sky and see
the big picture in which I am the middle:
"look, there I am walking forward and there beside me is a tree and up
beyond that bend is where I will rest on that bench by the river of which I
I am not yet aware."
then when I am bravest I
will morph back into the human
who created the tears, spilled the beers,
felt the depth of the cut from which the blood dripped,
the person in the middle of a situation she cannot see around
to control it's outcome,
but walks forward wide eyed anyway.
-XOXO,

No comments: