Friday, January 27, 2012

Valley of Laughter

Pre-Script: This post to be read as the song, "Shadowfeet," #12 on the playlist, plays in the background. Go down to the playlist, click on that song, then come back and resume reading. I'll wait...)(...still waiting...)



with my hands I have dug up the remains that remained long after us

just beneath the soil of a perfect place-

the decaying flesh I buried so long ago

(I couldn't bear the stench)

had all been eaten away to bone white

and it sat there,

in the middle of a hole in the soil that was once only good

for growing laughter no one else could hear

(I couldn't hear from so much laughter in that place, do you remember that?)

I started digging from a memory in the middle

of the perfect place

where we once lived--

all that remained were the sparkling bones.


-XOXO,


No comments: