Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pretty Little Scar

(Pre-Script: This poem will grafitti your insides when read as the song, "Closer To Love," #57 on the playlist, plays in the background, so go down to the playlist, click on that song, then come back and resume reading. I'll wait...)(...still waiting...)
If you fall asleep in the middle of this dream,
don't forget to let me out of your pocket.
I will crawl inside your nostril,
wander around your mind,
I will write the words to our favorite lullaby
on scrolls that I place
just behind your ears and all
around your heart
and I will seal them with blood.
You will trip over them
as you wander your own corridors
(you will remember the sweetness,
you will recall the tune,
even if you never can remember the exact words)
Then just as you are barely blinking awake,
I will kiss the pretty little scar
beneath your skin
so hidden yet familiar
to me
and you will think it was all just part of a dream
as I
nestle back deep down into your pocket.

-XOXO,

No comments: