Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Thought Hidden

(Pre-Script: This post best read as the song, "Closer," #5 on the playlist, plays in the background. Go down to the playlist, click on that song, then come back and resume reading. I'll wait...)(...still waiting...)



...this fragile part again.

Brush off the dust, scrub away the grime and the ring around the drain, and what you'll find is a shiny thing that reflects your face, and the exact look in your eyes at the exact moment you think it, that thing you were thinking without even realizing you were thinking it, before the next moment when your mind moved on to the next thought.

You'd never notice the moment of a thought, the second that wasn't even a second, it was just a poof of a thing, how often such a thought goes unnoticed, like the Tupperware at the back of the refrigerator hidden from view by the milk and the ketchup

but all of life is milk and ketchup milk and ketchup and sometimes mustard, though not too often because mustard stains your fingers when it touches you, and does not come out easily. (Tabasco sauce? okay, but just this once.

Inside, I'm fried bologna ready to explode.)

All this I see in my eyes now that I can see them again, now that I have scrubbed the bathtub and the mirror sparkling til my fingers bled; (not literally) I had to clean them again.

-XOXO,


No comments: