Friday, September 9, 2011

A Thousand Doors

(Pre-Script: This poem best read as the songs, "The Chain," #26, then "Crashing Down," #34 on the playlist, play in the background. Go down to the playlist, click on those songs, then come back and resume reading. I'll wait...)(...still waiting...)


I am standing in front of a door
to drop off a pair of tiny unoccupied shoes
and
the door is closed.
On the inside of the door is something
precious, something cold,

something calculating,

something ticking,

something innocent,
and I
am on the outside.
A thousand doors are closed tonight,
this one has closed on me a thousand times
and will be closed to me a thousand times again.
If there is a slight breeze on my back,
I do not feel it.
If a sudden hailstorm smacks me
sideways,
I do not feel it;
I just turn around and let it pound me head on
as I walk away.
-XOXO,

No comments: