Monday, June 15, 2009

Realign

(Pre-Script: The background music to pair with this post is"Blackbird," #15, so go down to the playlist, click on that song, then come back and resume reading. I'll wait...) (...still waiting...)

I.
realign
these brittle crooked bones;
set them straight while I lay on your table
I scream, the ache,
in places still unstable
I'll stand and walk again when I am able


II.
the small fly in my car

keeps bumping into windows

sees the freedom it can't get to and the light

so it flies from window to window

I do not want a fly in my car

I open the windows, it darts out barely,

back in again, then out, fast and sure this time, all the way out, I

close the windows so that even if it flew stupidly back, it would not get in

again,

it would bump the glass from the other side and bounce back off

with no choice but to participate

in the vastness of it's own freedom.

-XOXO,

No comments: