Sunday, October 19, 2008

Monarchs and Humpbacks

(Pre-script: To get all that this post has to offer, possibly including, but not limited to, a bit of common sense, you'll want to read it as the song "Blackbird" plays. Go down to the playlist, click on that song, then come back and read this post. I'll wait...) (...still waiting...)

Raise your hand if you've ever tried to take pictures of butterflies.
(Oh, I see hands there, there, there, and there.)
I tried it today when we went to see the Monarch Butterflies who migrate from October until March at Natural Bridges beach; it wasn't easy. Those beauties are quite fluttery. And the still butterflies were far away, high up in the trees, all clustered together. And trust me, I am no expert photographer. Like I have the time or the patience to set up a tripod and a huge zoom lense. If you think Photographer's Weekly Magazine* calls me on a regular basis to ask if they can showcase some of my work, you are wrong.

Here are a few of today's feeble attempts:

After visiting the butterflies, we drove along the coast and gazed at the Pacific Ocean, where a great number of dolphins, and possibly even some whales, were practically flirting with us. Trust me, it was flattering...but if you think it's hard to photograph butterflies, just imagine trying to photograph sea life in it's natural habitat.

yeah.
My little digital camera couldn't even begin to handle the pressure.
-XOXO,


*There is no such magazine. I made the title up so as not to offend any actual magazines.

1 comment:

vic-a-la said...

glad you had a good time! sorry i didn't join you...i spent the entire day on my couch resting and trying to get completely healthy. i feel 90% better. yay!