Wednesday, October 15, 2008

When Homegirl asks for a pony...

Pre-script: This song is best paired with the song "Hello," by Hawk Nelson. Go down to the playlist, click it on, and then come back here and read the post. Oh, and when you hear the lyrics "My sweet, sweet Madeline," change them in your mind to "My sweet sweet Natalie." That's how I sing it. I'll wait...) (...still waiting...)

When Homegirl asks for a pony,

...She's not talking Apaloosa.

She's talking about this:


That's right, peeps, baby girl actually asked for a "pwetty pony" yesterday morning. I responded by hastily applying the fastest ponytail I could muster for fear that the longer I took on her hair, the more time she would have to contemplate and change her mind. Once the "pwetty pony" was applied and admired in the mirror, it actually stayed in place for about 5 minutes before being pulled out. Maybe next time I'll actually attempt a bow...assuming, of course, that there will be a next time...and maybe the time after that, the pwetty pony will actually make it out of the house, to an actual public location... assuming, of course, that there will be a time after that.




(and please take special note of the purple nail polish. Oh yeah, that was her idea, too.)



-XOXO,



3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

vewy pwetty indeed!!

Unknown said...

I remember the desperation of securing the ponytail and praying that it would last. I had a bigger issue. She thought she lived in a nudist colony and wanted to be NAKED all the time. This phenomenon resulted in being dressed backwards so she couldn't get to belts, buttons and zippers. Also, having to wear high top, lace ups that were double knotted. Quit laughing, she was dressed at least. I don't want to discuss the duct tape it took at one point to keep her in the car seat while the vehicle was moving.

Val said...

At least you got some pictures of the pwetty pony before she pulled it out :)