Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Just a hop, skip, and a jump from the center of the Sea

(Pre-Script: This post keeps moving forward when paired with the song, " Closer to Love,"#54 on the playlist, so please go down to the playlist, click that song on, then come back and resume reading. I'll wait...) (...still waiting...)

I think the scariest place is the middle of the Red Sea, the VERY middle of the Red Sea, just after it has been parted, you have seen that miracle of the Red Sea being parted, and you have run skipped right down the dry center of all of that water, whistling Dixie the whole time, until, UNTIL. YOU. REACH. THE. CENTER. AND. REALIZE. THAT. YOU. CAN. NO. LONGER. SEE. EITHER. SHORE. AND. THAT. YOU. ARE. TOO. FAR. IN. TO. SWIM. BACK. EVEN. IF. THE. WATER. COMES. CRASHING. BACK. DOWN. UPON. YOU.
Gulp.
Um, excuse me, but what exactly is holding the water back, anyway? God's hands, sure, but I cannot SEE GOD'S HANDS, they are the strongest thing, but I cannot SEE them. I need to trust them in this moment more than any other, and know, KNOW that as long as I am walking forward, there in the center of God's hands, even as the water rises all around, rises so high and so far out that all I can see is water, water, everywhere but not a drop to drink*, even if my greatest fear is drowning, there in the center of God's hands, I am in the safest place I will ever be.

"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left. Keep your foot from evil." -Proverbs 4:25-27

-XOXO,


*Quote that I have in my head, but do not know who said it first, so I do not know to whom I should be crediting, only that it's not originally mine...I just borrowed it because it fit beautifully here.

No comments: