Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hard Surface

(Pre-script: This post best paired with the song,"One Headlight," on the playlist...go down, click on that song, then come back and resume reading. I'll wait...) (...still waiting...)
I drive on a hard surface, asphalt,
that was poured, has dried, is black, and
I drive upon it.
When it rains, if there are oil stains on the road,
you can see a rainbow where the water and oil mix
or refuse to, I guess, as the saying goes,
There are off roads made of dirt
which have never been paved
in less developed areas,
in the mountains, the forests, for example,
I mean that those are the off roads of my life,
but there are people who live where
the dirt roads are their main roads and
poured asphalt roads are their off roads,
and when it rains, the dirt
turns to mud,
their tires might get stuck in ruts there,
and have to be pushed out
or pulled out
or waited out
or left there.
(Sometimes you just have to leave it there, tires and whatnot.)


-2/18/09


-XOXO,

No comments: