Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Public Display of emotion

(Pre-Script: This post should be paired with the song," Closer," by Joshua Radin, so go down to the playlist, click on that song, then come back and resume reading...I'll wait...) (...still waiting...)
Remember when Tom Cruise jumped up and down and Oprah Winfrey's couch because he was so excited and in love with Kate? I thought it was a very sweet moment. Yet he was lambasted in the media for it. It made people uncomfortable; people are not always comfortable with lavish overflowing displays of emotion, and sometimes, I agree; sometimes the person expressing the lavish overflow of emotion are doing it for non earnest reasons, such as to get your attention, or your sympathy, or your money, or your last cookie. I hate people who try to play me like that. It's not straight forward. Be straightforward, dumb @$$. that's what I loved about Tom's couch jumping. he wasn't' expecting anything from me. he was just on Oprah, where she asks him that type of thing, his love life, and he was so excited he wanted to express it. Pure and genuine excitement for the woman. I did not feel manipulated in any way, and trust me, I have a good "I'm being manipulated here" meter for such things. My heart will bleed where it will, not where there is manipulation intended to invoke heart bleeding.
-XOXO,

No comments: