Friday, May 29, 2009

Hope cracks

(Pre-Script: This poem is hoping to be paired with the song,"A Thousand Winter's Melting," #16 on the playlist, so go down and click on that song, then come back and read the poem as the song lulls you in the background. I'll wait...) (...still waiting...)
I am where I am for crushing purposes
I am where I am for smashing me.
I hold hope in my hand,
in my open palm
like a fragile egg I do not wish to break
but sometimes
when the darkest defeat is too slip slimy,
I forget to be careful,
I raise my hand in self defense, and the egg
rolls right off of my hand,
and hope cracks open
over my head like a raw egg,
dripping and sticky,
some of it transparent, and some opaque,
but I wear hope
on top of my head
and when it dries there, it will leave a coating,
and the coating will be shiny.

-XOXO,

No comments: