Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stompin'

(Pre-Script: This post will infuse your very bones when paired with the song, " Mysterious Ways," by U2, #24 on the playlist, so go down to the playlist, click on that song, then come back and resume reading; I'll wait) (...still waiting...)
Trying to walk on eggshells left me with cut up feet.
Do you know how long it takes to get across the floor when you are constantly having to look at the ground and deliberately place each step?
Do you know how mentally and emotionally tiring that becomes, very quickly?
Then when your feet start to bleed all over, it is harder to tell the difference between the ground and the eggshells. It all becomes one jumbled mess.
I am not going to do that anymore.
So this morning, I put my cutest sandals on, and I buckled them just right.
I walked across the floor with my head high, shoulders back, chest out, stomach in, facing completely forward, and I stomped it out, oh yes, I did, and I did not look at the ground as I crunched every eggshell that I could.
I will tell the truth, if it comes up in conversation.
I will not tell you everything.

-XOXO,

No comments: