Saturday, January 17, 2009

Stained glass memory

...and from that instant, I was rendered use-
less but I kept displacing air around
me like a restless bullet with no mark;
Some moments are encased in glass upon
eye level shelves, in mind, wholly preserved.
frequently visited, those hallowed halls,
when opening my eyes, I always think:
"how will I ever see the world again?"
without that memory tainting every sight
without that vision blurring solid lines
making them bleed together, every piece
of me, glued now by blood and tears congealed
and this is how I walk now, how I breathe
how beats the heart that will not let you go
each day a slow unwilling waking dream
that must be felt and numbed and felt again.

-1/17/09
-XOXO,


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Derek read it and said "I read it and I don't understand it at all, and I'm too tired to read it over and over and figure it out."

I kept this one in imabic pentameter.