Friday, September 12, 2008

Last Night While Walking In To The Music Store To Look For Ukelele's...

...A store employee was walking out. Here is the 3 way conversation that followed:

Music Store Employee (who will henceforth be referred to as M.S.E.) to Derek: You look SOOOO Familiar! Where do I know you from?"
Derek:"Um...High School?"
M.S.E.:"No..."
Me:"Well, Derek does cabinet work..."
M.S.E.to Derek:"What are your hobbies?"
Derek:"Um..."
Me:"He builds cabinets so maybe..."
M.S.E. to Derek:"Do you play any instruments?"
Derek:"I played the trumpet in Junior High"
Me:"and he does cabinet work now, so maybe..."
M.S.E.:"I play the trumpet! Cool!"
Me:"But he hasn't done it since Junior High. But he does cabinet work, so..."
M.S.E.to Derek:"I just can't figure out where I know you from. What have you been doing the past few days?"
Derek:"Um, I installed some cabinets"
M.S.E.:"OH! CABINETS! That's it! You installed my mom's new bathroom vanity cabinet this week!"
Derek:"Yeah, that's it."
(Story of my life, peeps. Story of my life.)
(Some days, I don't even need to show up.)
-XOXO,


4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

You are the movie star behind the man, sister - no worries!!!

Verlana said...

LOL... I love it, Michelle! We really have no idea what's going on in the world, do we. :)

Kristi said...

They totally ignored you!FUNNY!

DeAnna said...

haha, that is my story too!! No one listens!! btw, I saw your hubby's blog and the cbinets he made for you, they are awesome!! You should post a pic after you filled it!! (not that I am telling you what to blog about, haha)