Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School shoes



The kids aren't allowed to wear their flip flops to school, (or as Natalie calls them, "hop-hops") so we went to Target to get them some new shoes. Right away, I saw these awesome kicks for Jeremy, and he liked them. Done and done. Snaps to Jeremy for being an easy shoe shopper.

Ethan's not in school, but right away he found and fell in love with these ugly bad boys...

Y'all, these shoes are an example of the kind of thing I never thought I would allow my children to wear...before I had children. But that right there is the great "Before" in life. You see, I never knew I would one day have an enthusiastic four year old son who would fall madly in love with these shoes, and my only reason not to purchase them was that they kind of look funny? They're even cheap. What can I say? Kid now sports these everywhere, even to bed last night. He's never been happier...and I think they're even comfortable.
Kristina is the queen of picky shoe shopping. Not one pair of shoes were to her standards, which can change from day to day...but if you read yesterday's post, you will see that she comes by that somewhat naturally...Dern. Also, her feet are shaped like mine, which is top wide, so they have to be wide enough, but not too long. We left Target without any shoes for Kristina. She went to her first day of school in an old pair of cheap shoes...that broke that day...something else I thought my children would NEVER do...before... but friends, the story does not end there. No, you see, because Derek is in our lives as husband to me and father to the children, and he is terrific. So last night, after the younger 3 went to bed, he took Kristina to find shoes. They went to 9 different stores. Do not adjust your screen, you read that correctly. I'm sure that going to 9 stores to find shoes that fit his daughter comfortably is one of those things that Derek thought He would never do...before...but alas, they came home with two pairs of super cute, comfortable school shoes...and a matching pair for Natalie! That, to me, makes Derek a rock star.

And they're even cute... Mad props to that guy.

9 comments:

Deanne said...

I agree, crocs are nasty-ugly and I despise them. However, my kids each have a pair (courtesy of Target, 'cause I'm cheap and refuse to pay full price for nasty-ugly shoes). But I must admit that I hate them, they are pretty stinkin' cute on my Isabel.

I used to think that I'd never buy character shoes or clothes for my children, that was my 'before'. :)

Desiree said...

Do those brown ones come in adult size :) super cute!

Michelle said...

I also thought I'd never buy character shoes or clothes! I even said that outloud a few times!

Val said...

I've tried crocs on a couple of times while being silly with my friends, sis and cousins and have to admit that even though they are extremely ugly, they are soooo comfy.

Derek said...

Kristina pretty much wore me out last night. I also wanted to add that I took Kristi to the mall after I had already taken all four kids to Target by myself. So props to me for doing something for one hour that Michelle does all day. Truth be told, Michelle is pretty awesome.

Oh, I did also get one other pair of shoes that we plan on taking back. They are also super cute, and the first time Kristina tried them on she like them. Then she hated them. Also, the shoes that she ended up with at Target last night... same style she tried on over the weekend. Go figure. Matching Natalie was her idea and I think that's what put those shoes on the good list.

Football and Fried Rice said...

I LOVE Target!! I USED to say, No character clothing and/or shoes and now that I HAVE kids and I am ON A BUDGET..oh yeah - bring on the velcro and sponge bob!

Meilei said...

I was going to say that I thought the matching ones looked like ones I was trying to talk my girls into at Target on Monday night!! Kudos to you for having your shtuff together to go shopping before school, I waited and the night before, my oldest was crying because she didn't have any shoes that fit properly (hey, I'm in the end throes of a remodel). Anyway, Monday night at Target at Westgate... MADHOUSE!!

MamaBee said...

Can I just say, completely ON the record, that Derek is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!?!?! (AND, of COURSE, so are you!)

Loved this post. LOVED it.

Verlana said...

Wow, he is awesome! What patience. What love. What a neat time with her with Daddy. That warms my heart.